Sunday 20 February 2011

4. How did you use new media technologies in the construction and research, planning and evaluating stages



How did you use new media technologies in the evaluating stage?
When doing my evaluating stages of the G324 I used new media to create videos, like the one above. I created these videos by importing logo images off of Google images onto Iphoto on the Mac, then I started a new Imovie project and moved the pictures from Iphoto onto Imovie and put them into an order so then i could record my voice over the clips. This method was simple and effective as rather than just uploading my script it is easier and more interesting to follow with a sequence of images. Also, using the editing programme I could insert examples of my trailer such as a shot of the bad lighting and other images. This therefore is easy to show a variety of images from the internet, my trailer and real media examples through a short video. To upload the video I used Youtube, Youtube is brilliant for putting my work on display and using embed codes to then post it on blogs.

For the other stages of my evaluation I have got snap shots of real media texts and drawn the comparison to my trailer. I did this by print screening the shots off of Youtube and then saving them to then upload to Blogger. This method is also easy due to fast speed connections with the internet and the use of distributing sites such as Youtube. With the selection of images it is simple to see the connections between my product and to real media texts.

As well as just using Blogger to write up my evaluation, I also used Microsoft Word to compare my trailer to my ancillary tasks. By having my ancillary tasks as PDFs I could print-screen images to then compare with links to each task. By putting all these images onto a document it makes it easy to show comparisons through the images and then use text to display justifications.

No comments:

Post a Comment